Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happenings in July

We have been so busy it has been hard for me to get anything posted...although I do have most of it documented on my camera :)
Aundrea came in to stay with us for a night on July 1st. I stupidly was preoccupied with a crabby teething baby and got no pictures...we did have a lot of fun together and it was great to see her again.
Here is a picture of my crabby teething child:

Ellie and I have been going for walks everyday! We found a brand new park in Center Point, Ellie loves to swing and go down the slide.

In early July Ellie stayed at YaYa and Grandpa's house and got to go swimming in their pool for the first time. She was a bit apprehensive at first (the water was chilly), but she quickly warmed up and had a blast!

Enjoying the pool:In the pool with Grandpa and YaYa On July 10th a friend on the rugby team had a reception in Cedar Rapids that we attended. I would like to think that they threw a party just for my birthday...but the fact that they were in wedding attire threw me off :)
Jerm, Shep and Hosh

April, Me and Amy at the wedding reception

July 11th was our 8th annual canoe trip (we missed last year). I have no pictures of the group, but learned a very good lesson...NEVER GO CANOEING WHILE PREGNANT! :)
This past weekend I met up with Jerica and Sarah for lunch in Galena. It was great to catch up with two of my college roommates...although we missed the other three greatly. Jerica had a rough night the night before and struggled a bit through the day, but she was a trooper and we had a fun time.

While in Dubuque we stayed at Mary and Tom's house for the weekend. Ellie got to spend some quality time with her Grandma Mary and Jeremy got to spend some quality time playing his drums with his dad :)

Hmmmmm :)

Dancing to Daddy and Grandpa Tom's music

Hanging with Cousin JacksonTuesday night after visiting baby Waylon we were able to stop over at Paul and Kate's for a cookout. It was great seeing all of our friends again. We are really starting to miss Dubuque a lot!

Finally on our way home.... :)

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Great post. Sounds like you're staying busy this summer! It is going by so quickly!