Monday, July 11, 2011

28th Brithday

July 10th was my 28th birthday! I hate to admit it at this age, but I still do love my birthday and look forward to it each summer. Jeremy was working all weekend, so I decided to head to DBQ to celebrate my birthday. We started the weekend by heading over to the Kaune's house. Aundrea gave Ellie some presents for her birthday coming up on the 15th and then we walked to Flora Pool. The kids really loved this pool and it only cost the 4 of us $7.00...compared to $17.00 in Cedar Rapids!
I forgot to get my camera out until the end...they all look a bit annoyed with my picture attempt :)

After the pool we went to Happy Joe's to celebrate both Ellie and my birthdays. It was a lot of fun, Ellie was very excited when they sang to her, and enjoyed her ice cream!

Mmmmm ice cream!

Mommy and Owen
Owen loves drinking from a straw
 I then brought the kids to my parents house and headed back to the Kaune's to go out with Aundrea in DBQ. We had a great time, although my requested 11:00 bedtime was missed by 3 hours thanks to Aundrea :)The next morning I woke up went for a long run (not by choice I got lost on my short run) and headed to Panera to meet Jerica and Sarah for breakfast. It was great to catch up with the two of them! I then got my hair cut (still cannot find anyone to do it right in CR) and then headed back to my parents. We had Happy Joe's pizza (I cannot get enough of the place:) and my mom made my favorite ice cream cake. After lunch and dessert we all jumped in the pool!
Swimming with Yaya and Papa
Sunday on my actual birthday Jeremy brought me home a cookie cake (another one of my FAVORITE desserts) and the next day we went to Zoey's for the best pizza in CR. I'm obviously a pizza kinda gal :)

Makes me hungry for another one!

Owen couldn't resist
Next up is Ellie, and she is more than excited for her big day!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Yum!! I miss Happy Joe's!!!! Not as much as I miss you guys of course! Did you go to Candace?? I miss her too!!