Friday, November 25, 2011

Turkey Trot...with many firsts!



Runners for 2011
This will be my 10th or 11th year running the Turkey Trot in DBQ with one missed year because I just had Owen the month before. But, this is my very first year running the7.5 mile route. In the past I have happily turned right to follow the 2.5 mile route and have always been disappointed to be done. I have also always thought that the 7.5 route was out of reach for me. Something I could never accomplish...well this year I DID IT! in 1:02 to be exact, along with my brother who is a first timer running the Turkey Trot. But the big news is this year I convinced Jeremy to run in it as well. He finished the 2.5 route with an exceptional time! After it was all over I felt great relief, but I also was ready to fill up on a hearty serving of turkey, mashed potatoes and pie!

Smiling and thinking of food!

No comments: