Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Resolutions for the Daughetee's

Happy New Year! This year to ring in 2012 we took the kids out to eat at Red Robin at around 5:00 to beat the crowd, we then got ice cream at Coldstone (which Ellie puked all up in the middle of the night), and were all in bed by 10:00! We are living quite the WILD life these days! :) In reality it was a nice low-key way to ring in the New Year, especially considering the night before we were up soooo late watching Iowa get beat in the bowl game.
I have been thinking about some New Year Resolutions for us as a family to set:
Danielle:
- I'm going to be more aware of time management. I'm perpetually late (not to work) but everywhere else. I always think that I have time to work everything in and then end up panicking and feeling way too rushed.
-I NEED to do my first triathlon. I have done a duatlon, and now want to try the triathlon. Hoping for August.
-Complete 1/2 marathon. I'm officially signed up for one on May 19th and start training the end of February.
-Remove artificial sweeteners completely from diet (I know it sounds silly, but it is something I want to do)
Ellie:
-Learn to write her name without assistance. (She can write it now if I write it first)
-Recognize all letters, she recognizes most of them right now. For instance the other day we were in a public restroom and she points out a "F" written on the stall door...luckily she can' read what the word was, but I was proud she knew the F :). She also knows what all of our names start with and knows all of the letter sounds and long vowels.
-She is begging to take gymnastics again
-First swim lesson
Owen:
-Potty training!!!! He has no interest right now, but we will get there :)
-He is talking up a storm, I would like him to continue doing so well
-He has gained 6 pounds since surgery in October, I would like the progress to continue.
-First swim lesson
-Start to learn to write his name
-Stay in bed once put to bed :) (work in progress)
Jeremy:
-Shoot Monster Buck!
- House projects galore!
-Re-paint basement
-Put instillation in garage
-Knock out wall in stairwell to open it up
-TBD

No comments: