Thursday, July 12, 2012

First Race!

The whole family joined in on the fun for the 5 Seasons Race in Cedar Rapids on the 4th of July! Jeremy and I planned on running the 5K and the kids were signed up for the kids run which was .45 of a mile. I pushed the kids during the 5K and it was mighty hot! We had to wait around for awhile before the kid run started, and they started to loose interest.

Waiting and looking a bit grumpy!

Once we got moving in the kids run they had soooo much fun! I carried Owen on and off for a lot of the run, but little Ellie was a trooper and ran the entire time! She would say, " Mom I'm tired" every once and awhile I would tell her to slow down a bit but she never would. I think the excitement of everyone running kept her going! They got medals at the end and were so proud!

No comments: