Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ladybugs

Ellie's Aunt Aundrea gave these PJ's to her for Christmas. They finally fit her, and she loves them. She is amazed by all the ladybugs...she is constantly looking down at her PJ's. :) I caught a few pictures of her in them.
Checking out my PJ's


Finally got her attention Playing with my cellie :)
Some other happenings in the Daughetee household:
I have been planning on making a quilt out of Jeremy's old t-shirts as a personal inquiry project for my graduate program. The only problem is that I have never sewed in my life! :) So, with the help of my great friend April I was able to reach my goal. April was a great teacher. She had me practice on scrap material and then guided me through the process. She never once tried to take over because I was going to slow or not doing something right. We did hit a few snags with the sewing machine acting up, but April was able to fix it using her trouble shooting book and we were able to finish!

Practicing

Sewing on the back of the blanket (look at the concentration on my face)


The best sewing teacher fixing the machine :)


My finished project!

3 comments:

yaya/mom said...

Her jammies are so cute, and I love how you did the quilt, you are so creative.

Carissa said...

Very cool, Danielle....nice work!

Nina said...

I wish I can sew!..then I could hem my own pants ;-)