Monday, January 31, 2011

Chicago


Jeremy and I headed to Chicago this weekend for some quality time together! I originally planned on going to Chicago for my roommate Carissa's baby shower. Jeremy and I then decided it would be fun for us to both go and spend the night downtown. I attended Carissa's shower on Saturday, and then we headed in to Chicago Saturday afternoon.
We stayed at the River Hotel, right on Michigan Avenue.
Our first stop was the Billy Goat Tavern. We both enjoyed a beer and hoped to have some fries, but were told "No fries, just chips" :) so we finished our beer and headed to Pizzeria Uno for an appetizer, pizza and a few more drinks. The pizza was AWESOME! After dinner we went to a piano bar called "Howl at the Moon" we were shocked by the $10 cover, but were pleased with the entertainment and atmosphere.

It was a great weekend in the city, we had so much fun! Although we were happy to get home to Ellie and Owen!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Thank you thank you thank you so much for coming to my shower. It was so good to see you even if I didn't get to hang out with you as much as I would have liked! I'm glad you and Jeremy got some quality time together with the trip too!! :)