Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day :)


On Tuesday the 1st of February school was let out early for the impending Blizzard. I picked up the kids early from daycare and headed home to hibernate. The snow started to fall around 1:00 in the afternoon on Tuesday and did not stop until Wednesday morning. In the end Cedar Rapids ended up with over a foot of snow. Needless to say that school was cancelled on Wednesday and the entire family was home for the day.

Ellie painted all morning, she loved it and thought she was so cool while painting her picture. She had to put it up to the window a few times to show daddy her art work while he snow blowed. Owen colored for a little bit while I got food in the crock pot for dinner that night. He mostly enjoyed watching daddy snow blow outside. Owen loves to stand at the window and shout at the dogs :)

Ellie and I made cookies, and watched Snow White while Owen napped. We then enjoyed a warm dinner together. Jeremy and I even got in a movie night after the kids went to bed. I woke up to a 2 hour delay Thursday morning :) All in all it was a great Snow Day at home!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Who doesn't love a snow day! I know I did!!