Thursday, May 21, 2009

Missing In Action

Jeremy has been gone now for 7 days...he will be home on Sunday. Ellie and I missed him dearly! I was very sad that he was going to be gone so long, but luckily I have great friends in Cedar Rapids to cheer me up!
Ellie and I kept extremely busy while Jerm was gone, made the time go by a lot faster.
Here is how are week panned out:
Saturday: Coral Ridge mall with Fanaye
Sunday: Church and Lunch with Julie and Logan
Monday: Girls City Track Meet
Tuesday: Megan came to eat dinner and spend time with us at home
Wednesday: Boys City Track Meet
Thursday: Went for a long walk in Center Point
Friday: My mom and dad came to spend time with us
Saturday: Dubuque to visit family (cousins are in town)
Sunday: Church and then he will be home!!!! Finally!!!
It was very difficult being a single parent for so long (10 days). I'm so used to having an extra set of hands around. Being pregnant I'm also very sick in the morning, so I would put Ellie in front of the bathroom and pray she didn't go too far :) Typically once I put Ellie down for be I'm able to unwind and relax. But now, without Jeremy around I then have to go outside let the dogs run and feed them. Then I would come back in clean up after supper, do dishes, pick up toys etc. With two people around we are able to get this stuff done together. While I was dragging the stinky garbage out to the curb this morning I was really missing Jeremy :) I have no clue how single parents do it!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Look at all of these post!! Good work! You're a supermom with all those activities!