Friday, May 22, 2009

Not a Peep!

At Ellie's doctor appointment last week, the Dr. seemed a bit concerned by how small she is (not that I'm the biggest mommy on the block). She wanted to get a finger prick and urine sample on Ellie to make sure all of her levels were spot on. Specifically looking at iron levels. I wasn't too enthused by these suggestions, but since the Dr. was concerned I thought that we would go ahead with the tests...a finger prick won't do much damage. On Wednesday I took off work to bring her in to the lab to have the tests done. When I got there they inform me that they will be drawing blood...not just a finger prick. Eeeekkk I found myself very nervous, I actually thought that I was going to cry. We went into the room and I tell the lab tech, who was so nice, that "I'm feeling very nervous about this". She reassures me that everything will be alright tells another lab tech where to stand continues to talk to me, pricks Ellie draws blood, and then I hear her say "all done". "What!" She didn't even cry...not a peep came out of my brave little girl! The lab tech searched for some special pink wrap just for Ellie and covered her owie. The urine sample was another ordeal altogether. They gave me this little bag to stick on under her diaper. It is supposed to collect the urine. Well, after 4 tries I gave up! She would go to the bathroom and the bag would not hold any of it. I'm really not very concerned about her being small considering that I was always small as a baby, so I say pish posh on the urine sample :)
Here are some pictures of my brave little girl!
Showing off my battle wounds

Being Silly

1 comment:

yaya/mom said...

These two pics are so cute,I just want to grab her and kiss her!!!!