Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Old Friends are the BEST of Friends!

This past weekend we had a wedding to go to Saturday night in Cedar Rapids...as luck would have it so did our good friend Keith (not the same wedding, but in CR). It was a bit random how it worked out so perfect, but Jeremy and I went to our wedding and then picked Keith up afterwards and headed home. Keith and Jeremy were a bit on the tipsy side so I was worried what they would say to my incredibly sweet 8th grade babysitter...but they behaved themselves. Ellie was asleep when we got home, I gave our babysitter a ride home and upon my return I was welcomed by a bonfire in our backyard with two of the best guys in the world. We sat outside talking with Keith and reminiscing about old times. The next morning, Ellie got her chance to hang out with Keith. He saw her over Christmas, but she was only 5 months old, now she is pure entertainment :) She of course had to put on a silly show for Keith with her sweet smiles. I took some pictures of Ellie with Keith. I think I have said this before but, MY CAMERA STINKS!!!!! At one point she laid her head down on his chest to give him a hug...which of course my camera missed...and then she waved with him...which the camera missed again! So, I don't have the best pictures, but I will get them next time! I was promised a new one for my birthday :)! We were just so happy to see our good buddy Keith!

Take #1 taken after she gave him a hug :(

Take #2 taken after Ellie waved

Memorial Day Weekend, Ellie and I traveled back to Dubuque to visit with family at my aunt and uncles house. Before we stopped over at their house we met up with Sarah at Happy Joe's. The food and company were great! Ellie was excited to see Sarah again, the last time she saw her Ellie was only a few weeks old. Ellie would not look at the camera she just wanted to check Sarah out...but can you blame her :)

2 comments:

Carissa said...

How fun! I'm never going to get to hang out with Ellie! Unless she comes with you here!

The Daughetee's said...

You will get to hang out with her sometime...don't know how well she would sit through a ball game :)