Monday, June 29, 2009

Seriously...this class counts???

This past weekend I was in Chicago for three days for a diversity class in my masters program. We did not sit in a classroom, or attend workshops, we planned our own trip to cover the 36 required hours in order to receive credit for the class. Some of the things we did throughout the three days were very beneficial and felt as if they qualified towards our requirements, while with other activities I found myself waiting for someone to come out of the bushes and say "got ya this isn't your class"!

My favorite places include:
Navy Pier, we went to the Children's Museum, on a boat tour of the Chicago River/Michigan Lake and played a round of mini-golf in our free time.

Katie's great idea for transportation:
The only brave girls to mini-golf with the boys :)
I felt like a kid again...and I think I also acted like a kid again :)Boat tour...would have been much more enjoyable without the guide who doubled as a cheesy comedian!
I also enjoyed a visit/panel discussion with the Chicago Police Department, and Chicago Public School System. Millennium Park was also one of the more enjoyable places that we visited.
Millennium Park:
"The Bean"

Inside "The Bean"
Splash Pad in Millennium Park...very different then the ones in Cedar Rapids!
I did not enjoy "Taste of Chicago", too many people and not enough room!
A bird was also disgusted with the "Taste" and shit on me :)
Beautiful Fountain (meeting place after the "Taste of Chicago")
Needless to say I was so excited to get back home to give Ellie and Jeremy a hug. In the future I plan on bringing my children to Navy Pier over a weekend. The atmosphere was great, it was fun to be so close to the water and there are a few museums near to enjoy. And next time I will also be able to stop in and see Carissa :)

3 comments:

yaya/mom said...

Looks like u all had a great time!!!! Too bad about the bird....

Carissa said...

Oh my gosh, its so crazy to see those pictures of you in Chicago and I didn't even get to see you!! That's ok, soon enough, I'm counting down the weeks until you'll come see me!!

The Rahe's said...

Hey Danielle!! The blog looks great...Congratulation on baby #2!!