Friday, October 16, 2009

Kangaroo Time

I have been able to spend a few hours holding Owen everyday now since Tuesday! They call this "kangaroo time" :) I love being able to hold him and spend time talking to him. The first couple of days he got very upset by the transition, but he is now used to it and calms down very quickly once in my arms. They also have you do skin to skin during this time, which keeps us both nice and toasty and is great bonding time. Holding him instantly lifts my mood :)
Mommy and Owen


This is Owen's first time wearing clothing. While on oxygen support it was hard to get him into clothes. Now that he is off they change his outfit everyday. They have a closet full of outfits in the NICU. If I'm around the nurses always let me help pick his outfit out for the day. His first day in clothing he wore a onsie that said "Little Racer" and had race cars all over it.
He was too cute!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Oh my gosh, that is so precious. He is going to be running around in no time!