Thursday, September 17, 2009

Back in the Hospital

I was readmitted back into the hospital yesterday Wednesday (9/16). My gestational hyper-tension is now mild pre-eclampsia. I received a phone call from a nurse at OBGYN that the test results for my 24 hour urine test were high and the doctor wanted me readmitted to the hospital. This was very disheartening news I hate being in the hospital. I cried and cried the entire way to the hospital and cried some more once we arrived. My doctor was the doctor on call at the hospital, so that did make me feel a bit better. My OB doctor is Dr. Lyons, Jeremy and I really like her. Upon arriving at the hospital the nurse got me all settled in my room, and Dr. Lyons was in to talk to us within 30 minutes. She ordered some blood work, another 24 hour urine and started to monitor the baby. Jeremy stayed as long as he could, but he had Ellie to get home to bed, and had to leave around 7. Being in the hospital alone is one of the loneliest things in the world. Luckily at St. Lukes (hospital) the nurses are excellent!!! They not only answer any questions I have, but also talk to you about anything and everything. The nurses their really made me feel like I had someone who cared on my side.
I finished my 24 urine test on Thursday, and was optimistic that I could go home. My blood work came back looking good, my blood pressures were not as high as they had been, and the baby was doing great. It was Jeremy's 27th birthday and I wanted so much to get home. I was totally crushed when Dr. Olson (Dr. on call) came in to tell me I would be in the hospital until Monday morning. I wanted so bad to go home see my little Ellie and give my husband a big birthday hug, along with his birthday presents. But, I had to suck it up and accept that I was there until Monday.
Friday morning: I'm woken up at 6:30 by the lab to draw blood...no joke! Then I'm up for the day. Jeremy and my mom bring Ellie to visit me around 9:30 in the morning. She is so happy to see me as I'm ecstatic to see her! Dr. Bemus comes in around 10:00 and says blood work looked, fine, and he was going to consult with Dr. Lyons (dr who I love!:) about releasing me. I could not wipe the smile off my face, needless to say I got to go home!
As much as I love my doctor, the practice she works with rotates days being at the hospital. We went all through Ellie's pregnancy with Dr. Lyons and then when we went to the hospital to deliver Dr. Zang delivered me. It kinda stinks, because you run into situations like this where every doc tells you something different. Olson said I was in until Monday, and then Dr. Bemus, who consults my Dr. who knows me best frees me Friday afternoon. I'm just doing my best to stay on strict bed rest in order to not return until I deliver. Hopefully the pre-eclampsia can be managed until I'm 36-37 weeks when I will be induced.

No comments: